Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I think purple might be my color!


No you’re not seeing things...I’m a bit purple in the face. Over the weekend I developed a cold, an ear infection, and a case of thrush. They tell me thrush is a yeast infection in my mouth. Translation: itchy tongue. Boy does it feel good to rub my tongue on the roof of my mouth and between my gums. I’ve even figured out how to make some neat new sounds in the process!! What does this have to do with the purple mouth you ask? Well Mom has opted to use some granola naturo-treatment called Gentian Violet to get rid of the yeast. She gags me with a Qtip doused in the stuff every morning and boy is it messy! We’ve turned 2 bibs, some burp clothes, a blanket, Mom’s pj’s all purple. Oh, and Mom’s um...well you can imagine. The good news is after only 2 days I’m cured!! The bad news is I still have to sport the purple face and stain everything it touches for another week just to make sure it doesn’t come back.

I’m recovering nicely from my cold and ear infection too. We didn’t even know there was anything wrong with my ear until we saw Dr. Martin on Monday. He said that was a good sign and I probably wouldn’t even need antibiotics. Now if I could just get mom to stop sticking things up my nose I’d be good. One of them sprays this salty water up there and makes me choke while the other sucks my brains out. It really irks me.

By the way, I now weigh 15lbs 14oz!

No comments: